Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Corporate Character

They say, a man never achieves success until his personality in the conference room and his personality in the living room of his home are one and the same.

Interesting thing for them to say eh? I would venture to say that the class room is also is an important room that should be considered when measuring success. If your personality in the class room, conference room and living room are close, you are probably broaching success.

This is a very difficult balance to achieve, at work I have developed what I not refer to as "Corporate Character". In class I struggle to show my character, especially to other students. My professors get a sense of my character since they read 8,000-10,000 words of APA formatted cited writings from me weekly. But can one really mature the class room character online?

I initially thought no, then, then! THEN! I actually started reading "other" students posts.. I have been thus far, one of those students that show up in the newsgroup, write the most prolific thing said thus far, ask the most interesting questions, conduct four Google searches and whip up the most impressive BS you could ever find and get the class rallying around my posts.

And :-/ I get a decent grades for attendance.

But this reading of posts form others!!!

There are folks in class who from their newsgroup interaction I can tell of their corporate character, some are rather mature.

Note to self: corporate character in a classroom is important, online or in a physical classroom.

This is where you get to practice your corporate character, this is where you hone your writing skills for short writing (emails), this is where you manager your temper and not write posts or emails angry.

This is where you learn the you MUST TTT (Think Things Through), hummmm

As I now embark on the first of my last three classes, I will make a concerted effort to use the electronic communication forum as the testing field from maturing my electronic corporate character.

Electronic Corporate Character, yeah I coined it!

Light, I can see it.

Richie