Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Last Day - Monday, June 04, 2007

And at last, I wrote my last paper, posted my last message, and said my good-byes. It turns out that while I never met any of my classmates I have shared several experiences with them and felt quite melancholic upon concluding my MBA studies in technology management.

There are a few thoughts that I wanted to put down before I start to wrap-up this blog. These are:

  • I have come to the conclusion that the eMBA is not for everyone
  • If you think an eMBA requires less time that a conventional MBA you are wrong
  • If you think that and eMBA is “easier” than a conventional MBA you are neither wrong or right
  • If you thought that an eMBA doesn’t deliver the type or level of learning that you would get from and Ivy league conventional MBA – you are right

One may ask, hey Richie why did you continue on if you figured this out way back? My answers are the following:

  • I did not have time available during regular school hours to go to class
  • I have 3 years of entrepreneurial experience to marry to the academic teaching that increased the net learnings that I was receiving
  • I am comfortable with working electronically
  • I already have a network of resources that I have4 built and hence did not need one from b-school
  • Lastly, I did not struggle with the self-learning


As I walk/log out of the last day, I look back at the eighteen months and ask myself, what did you learn?

I smile and know for sure, that Lehman’s money was well spent.

Richie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home