Online Assignments (MBA 520 Wrap-Up)
[QUICK UPDATE]
Completed MBA 520, thoughts? Sure….
The class was on Transformational Leadership, I learned a bit about a few different approaches but I have to tell you… the best part of the online courses at UPOX are the scenarios.
We dealt with two particular organizations and their current challenges in MBA 520. Analyzing the problems is great, the benchmarking is very educational and last but not least, putting together a strategic proposal is very beneficial.
I have now studied almost six organizations with challenges ranging from mergers and acquisitions, change in sales strategy and drastic re-alignment to meet revenue targets…
Can you get this type of real life exposure in a regular B&M school, I am not sure.
A friend of mine is doing her MBA in parallel with mine at a famous NY MBA stop over spot :-)
She has an exam tonight and spent the last three days cramming for it… I asked her a few hours back what she learned and how she could apply it at work, she replied “I learned lots of things, but I don’t know that I will be applying them at work anytime soon”
SIDE NOTE…. She and I are in the same industries at the same steps up the ladder….
What’s my parallel you ask?
EVERYDAY, I use what I learn at UPOX at work.. Every Day!
[MBA 520]
The professor was weak, the classmates were not too exciting, but the course material and the scenarios did the trick one more time.
Richie
Oh! And BTW I got another A, I want my drinks and cookies dammit!

<< Home