Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Going to School

The exciting allure of an “online” degree is you NEVER HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL.

[SCENARIO]

Its 9:00 pm Saturday 31st 2005, I am showered and dressed to go ring in 2006 at a friends house, my close friends and cousins are waiting for me and it dawned on me that the DQ3 of Week 1 was due in 3 hours and I hadn’t written anything as yet.

Grad school consists of:

□ Reading
□ Writing Papers
□ Researching
□ Going to Class
□ Working in Groups

I had read the reading assignments twice; I had done some preliminary research BUT had written nothing.

The moral of the story is that while you don’t have to be in class, the deadlines are real and they are not on you conventional “school” days.

More to discuss on Reading, Writing Papers, Researching and Working in Groups but for now; don’t be fooled that you are not having to go to class, you are actually always in class.

My next posting will be titled “Always in Class"” where I will discuss the concepts of always being in class, pros and cons and what unique attributes on an “online” degree creates this phenomenon.

Happy New Year.

Richie