Always in Class
One of the visible pros of and Online Schooling is that you are perpetually always in class.
This is facilitated by:
- Problem based Learning – constantly thinking of “a problem and its solution” as opposed to “what I have to read today”
- Not books but papers to read, its easier to read the small chunks of assigned reading rather than a boring book, the assigned readings are of real life scenarios and more engaging that a text book feel.
- Availability of your entire classroom 24/7/365 via the internet. I can get access to anything at anytime; imagine the syllabus, your grades, assignments, books, assigned reading, the actual class room and a record of all conversation available via an internet connection.
- Constant contact with students, I was ever one to socialize in class; well of course that’s when I even went to class. Online, you are constantly interacting with classmates and the osmosis of knowledge in incredible.
- Increased vocabulary, the writing is at the level of the architect of the Matrix, also the assigned readings and the communication of the professor and classmates, it elevates your vocabulary, or shall I say “financial/corporate acumen”
Its 1:09 am Janurary 5th 2006. I have just read over 75 pages of engaging text and posted four (4) substantive comments accounting for approximately 1500 words. I feel energized and certainly felt like I am learning. What am I learning?
I am learning how to make myself a better employee/friend/business man/ manager/leader and mentor every day.
I just turned 30 three days ago and I like the way it was put here:
What does being 30 mean to me? Well, the most important thing is that I know who I am and where I fit into the world. I'm not in that "still trying to figure out" stage. I am confident in who I am a blog-a-holic, single, alcoholic, friend, brother, son, software architect, braincase sex god! LOL, etc. Although we all want to be accepted, I have figured out the type of people I want to seek acceptance from and those I don't. I have realized that I like people that are confident in themselves versus those that are self-deprecating. I know how I like to dress and what I want my threads and my appearance to say about myself. I'm not ashamed to admit that I like being a smingling (my word) whore but also love to go to temple and ride a motorcycle in my suit once. I also blow dry my hair sometimes.
What does this say; it says I am ready to become Master Richie. I am seeking my Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in Technology Mangement, I am going to be always in school for the next 24 months.
- Is this better than being in school for three hours per week?
- Can this affect my personal life?
- Can it affect my productivity at work?
- I wonder what the brink and mortars are doing tonight?

<< Home